Designed and developed by Anthony Gigliotti, who served as principal clarinetist of the Philadelphia Orchestra for 47 years, this hard rubber mouthpiece has a velvety tone that that is dark yet alive, well centered, and able to hold the sound at any dynamic level. It has an even scale, precise intonation, and responsiveness in all registers.
The highlights of this unique patented design are:
- BORE: The unique, slightly tapered bore produces a full resonant sound throughout all registers.
- BAFFLE: Carefully developed mold design gives precise control of the shape, crucial to response and tone quality. The gentle curve near the tip improves response, while the deep curve near the throat gives unusual depth and resonance to the sound.
- WINDOW: A longer, narrower window creats balance resistance. This eliminates the necessity of using heavy reeds and the problem of a buzz in the sound when playing softly in the low register.
- TIP: The configuration and dimensions of the tip rail help ease of response and articulation.
- THROAT: The unique throat configuration has been carefully designed to achieve a well-focused but full, resonant tone.
- BEAK: The slender beak is designed for unusual comfort of the embouchure.