Farkas mouthpieces offer the extra range, power and tonal color that have made them the single most popular French horn mouthpieces in the world. Whether for intricately played symphonic work or beginner development, there's a Farkas to meet the challenge.
- DC: Deep cup, medium rim, Cup ID .672", Throat .190". Produces very clean attacks and a large resonant but velvety tone. Popular with both high and low horn players because it plays well in all registers.
- MC: Medium cup, medium wide rim, Cup ID .662", Throat .182"No extreme features. Round, ringing tone with a touch of velvet in all registers. Well suited for all-around symphony or solo playing. A very popular model.
- MDC: Medium deep cup, medium wide rim, Cup ID .638", Throat .182". Sensitive yet comfortable. Good response in entire range. For players who desire a slightly darker tone than that of the SC or MC models. Slightly narrower rim than SC or MC models.
- SC: Shallow cup - medium wide rim, cup ID.664", Throat .170"Extremely clear high register with clean attacks. Ringing tone but not shrill. Excellent for high baroque music or extremely high technical passages.
- VDC: Very deep cup, Narrow rim, Cup ID .658", Throat .206". Large Teutonic tone. This basically dark tone is very helpful for the player who has a too-bright tone since it mellows the tone significantly. For the robust mature player.
- XDC: Extra deep cup, Medium-narrow rim, Cup ID .667", Throat .206". Extremely deep cup and very large bore produces a rich, heroic tone. Superior mouthpiece for the player who wishes to play in the grand manner of the "Helden" horn players.